Muhammad Saleem yesterday wrote a list of the reasons that he might thumb someone down whilst using Stumbleupon.
I thought it would be a good exercise to come up with as many creative reasons why someone might Stumble one of your articles.
- To say thanks, great post
- To test stumbleupon algorithm
- To be the first to discover a new site
- To build up the strength of a page linking to them
- To gain traffic both short and long term from the 3rd party
- To benefit from multiple tier referral programs
- To bookmark a future resource
- To build up content
- To strengthen good relationships with a power user
- To repair bad relationships
- Because you stroked their ego
- For reputation management and branding
- To share it because it is good content
- To build awareness in an issue
- To get them to come and visit their site (linked from profile)
- Because they are a client
- To build up followers
- To get a stumble or Digg on -!- an important story -!-
- Because someone asked
- Because they are just being nice
- To make a comment because they force you to register (just hope it is good)
- To Get Their Attention
- because they are polite
- Because they are just being funny
- They have auto stumble switched on, and it is just as fast as clicking Stumble
Please note:- this is just a list, and I am not advocating anyone does all, or even any of the above.
All links point to an assortment of quality articles from my recent browsing and stumbling for your enjoyment.