Muhammad Saleem yesterday wrote a list of the reasons that he might thumb someone down whilst using Stumbleupon.
I thought it would be a good exercise to come up with as many creative reasons why someone might Stumble one of your articles.
- To say thanks, great post
- To test stumbleupon algorithm
- To be the first to discover a new site
- To build up the strength of a page linking to them
- To gain traffic both short and long term from the 3rd party
- To benefit from multiple tier referral programs
- To bookmark a future resource
- To build up content
- To strengthen good relationships with a power user
- To repair bad relationships
- Because you stroked their ego
- For reputation management and branding
- To share it because it is good content
- To build awareness in an issue
- To get them to come and visit their site (linked from profile)
- Because they are a client
- To build up followers
- To get a stumble or Digg on -!- an important story -!-
- Because someone asked
- Because they are just being nice
- To make a comment because they force you to register (just hope it is good)
- To Get Their Attention
- because they are polite
- Because they are just being funny
- They have auto stumble switched on, and it is just as fast as clicking Stumble
Please note:- this is just a list, and I am not advocating anyone does all, or even any of the above.
All links point to an assortment of quality articles from my recent browsing and stumbling for your enjoyment.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.