Lots of people may have watched the launch of the Original Stomper Network a few months ago. From all accounts those who joined are happy they did, but this is definitely a course for people already making serious money online. If a small percentage turnover increase won’t pay for the course many times over, it isn’t something to seriously think about.
This is now quite an old article
For more recent coverage of Stompernet Going Natural 2.0, Going Natural 3.0 and Stomper Site seer, please check the Stompernet tag.
Stomper Net 2.0 has just launched, boasting a lot of new faculty members including 2 of my favourite experts, Sherman Hu and Leslie Rohde.
Supreme Joint Venture
I have noticed something significant with the relaunch and whilst the following is speculation, I can’t see a reason that that isn’t at least close to how the joint venture works.
The most important observations are
1. The relaunch was not emailed continuously to previous signups
2. The relaunch was not emailed by previous launch partners and faculty members
3. The launch is being heavily promoted just by the new faculty members
How this JV Works
The experts selected seem to have been chosen for a number of compelling reasons
1. They are acknowledged experts in their field
2. Lots of SEO talent to take some of the workload from Brad and Andy
3. The new faculty members in the main do not have their own existing high ticket items or services
Lets take Sherman for instance
Say he has 1000 members of WordPress Tutorials currently active and makes on average $90 per member per year. That is $90K per year. Not bad income, but I don’t think he has that many members yet.
With Stompernet 2.0 the money pot is much more significant
1000 new members x $900 per month x 12 months = $10,800,000
Now that money is likely to be shared between the new faculty members as an ongoing fee for the training and support they provide, various other support costs and outsourcing, affiliate fees again to the new faculty members, and a fair sized chunk to Brad and Andy.
There are also costs associated with holding 4 seminars per year, but I think that is easily covered. The element of risk is totally removed, and I am sure good deals can be struck with a supporting hotel for such a conference with 2000 guests.
Realistically speaking, each new faculty member can expect to clear $300,000 per year, much more if they were able to sign up a significant amount of new members themselves.
I am sure at least one of the new faculty members will clear $1M from his involvement.
Old Faculty Members
I don’t think they gain anything from the new memberships. Whilst there will be additional members, the work is being shared between more experts. They didn’t get to promote the doors being re-opened, at least not yet, but expect them to have a bite of the cake if the expected number of slots are not filled this cycle.
It is hard to find reliable figures for service companies online, or at least it was until Rand Fishkin revealed the SEOMoz earnings for 2005 and 2006.
Total income $600,000 with 9 full time employees
Rand only cleared $26K for himself in 2006
Rand is building a business and a brand, so those figures are bound to increase for 2007, but it is easy to see that Stomper Net is a very attractive proposition for anyone involved.
Can’t Afford Stomper Net 2.0?
Don’t worry, you are not alone. I can’t actually justify the expense this time round either.
Here are some alternatives
1. Get Michael Campbells ebooks for free, including Revenge of the Mininet
2. Bonus – Leslie Rohde’s Dynamic Linking comes as a free bonus to the above
3. Join WordPress Tutorials – Sherman’s WordPress Training is superb and I haven’t seen any notification that he will be closing shop. He still answers questions on his WordPress support forum daily and there is a good chance that some of the material prepared for Stomper Net will be reworked for his own site.
I would honestly love to be on the faculty for Stomper Net 3.0
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.