Danny Sullivan has a comprehensive look at Google’s new SideWiki feature to Google toolbar and site reviews.
He has also been using it to add some commentary on various sites as you can see from his Google profile.
This Google search query shows pages being indexed
They are not blocked in Google’s robots.txt currently
Just a bunch of questions off the top of my head to research
- Will this prove useful for parasite SEO?
- How will shill comments be policed?
- There is an API, that seems like it is calling out to allow comments to be imported as content
- Who owns the license to comments left on your site in this way?
- Can you use comments for content elsewhere?
- Does Google join the dots of your Social Graph for other trust factors?
- Do links to your own Google profile count such as mine for Andy Beard though note that it is the 11th result, and at least for me only appears on US listings.
- Does Google Friend Connect play a factor in your profile authority with Google Sidewiki?
- If we click on more Adsense ads do we get a boost? How about more Adwords spend? Surely at least the existence of a credit card attached to an account shows that it is a real person
What do you think, have you tried it? Working on a WordPress plugin?
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.