Whilst I gain tons of Google indented listings for money terms, and I can achieve them quite often in minutes, rather than days, they are almost always achieved using a few simple steps.
- Get one page indexed and ranking
- Write a second post linking to the first (which will also then trackback to the second page)
- Use the same primary keyword in both posts
The second method I use, for topics that get frequent mentions, are tags.
- My post with the highest number of links on a topic will most likely rank well
- My tag page which leads to further posts on the topic will form the secondary listing