This plugin is currently not available for download
Ask Matt Cutts about reset vectors
Tags: seo, nofollow, duplicate content, supplemental results
Requires at least: 2.1
Tested up to: 2.7
Stable tag: 1.0
[drain file 9 show]
This is a SEO plugin for advanced WordPress Search Engine Optimization techniques and for those looking to explore SEO siloing
This plugin is intended to be used in advanced linking stuctures such as those described in WordPress SEO Masterclass For Competitive Niches
Rather than blocking duplicate content pages, they can be used to your advantage, but as customized landing pages and a method of channelling “Google Juice” away from pages that are receiving the majority of links, to pages that you wish to rank well, and also to your homepage to enhance monetization.
This plugin adds rel=”nofollow” to all links within the content that are displayed on your home page and duplicate content pages.
Search engine followable links remain on page, single and RSS feeds.
1. Just unzip and upload the “nofollowdupes.php” file to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Optional – modify the domain within the plugin to allow internal links to be followed
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need this plugin?Probably not if you are asking that question after reading the linked article. This plugin is currently provided for those who want to experiment with advanced, atypical search engine optimization and linking structures.
- Using Noindex, Follow Meta?? – this would probably be useful
- Using Noindex, Nofollow Meta? – no point in using this plugin
This plugin is based on “nofollow From Home” by Irakliy Sunguryan ( http://www.sochi-travel.info/ ) based on “Wikipedia nofollow” plug-in by Ken Yasumoto-Nicolson ( http://whatjapanthinks.com ), which in turn is based on “Identify External Links” plug-in by Mark Jaquith ( http://txfx.net/ )
Current release notes and support thread