IMPORTANCE OF LEAD GENERATION/ BUILDING EMAIL LIST
Lead generation is very important to many businesses today as it helps in driving traffic to their websites. This results in the conversion of leads into customers. The process of connecting people to businesses has been made easier, thanks to Google and email search tools. Through the use of search engines, you can target any customer base actively looking for your services and products. The chances of a lead buying from your business are greatly increased when you take such customers directly to your website.
With lead generation, it is very easy for businesses to let the world know of the differences between the services they provide and that of their competitors. Having an engaging website allows you to catch the attention of a likely customer in search of something specific. Such customer is more likely to release their contact details on such website compared to a boring one with zero engagement.
What is a Lead?
A lead is someone or an organization who has shown an interest in your products or services. A lead can be generated via different sources including, social media campaigns, your website, phone enquiry and even word of mouth. Each lead has information and contact details you can contact them on.
What is Lead Generation?
Lead generation has to do with the process of seeking new people (leads) for your business. It deals with gaining and getting in contact with new leads who may likely be interested in your products and services, establishing communication with them, and eventually converting them. It is the first step in turning a potential buyer into a customer. It is referred to as “the awareness stage” in marketing.
Benefits of Lead Generation
Lead generation comes with its fair share of challenges; however, the benefits make the efforts worthwhile. This list contains some of the major benefits of lead generation:
- Creating Brand Awareness: Lead generation helps in generating brand awareness by educating and informing your target audience about your services and products.
- Benefiting to sellers and buyers: Buyers can check through and compare different products or services you offer. This increases their chances of getting the best deal possible. Equally, sellers won’t end up wasting precious time on people who are not in your intended audience.
- Targeting Specific Audience: With lead generation, you can be more specific about targeting your desired customer using demographics and different channels.
- Conversion of Leads to Customers: A well-run lead generation campaign can result in the conversion of leads to actual customers which leads to an increase in sales of your services or products.
- Access to Vital Information of Potential Customers: Through contact information, preferences and need of potential customers, you can increase the chances of making them an actual customer by personalizing their experience and tailoring your products to their needs.
- Cheaper than other forms of Advertisements: Lead generation is more targeted and only connects with potential customers who have expressed interest in your products or services. This can provide a means of saving cost and time.
Lead generation methods
Inbound lead generation
Inbound lead generation has to do with bringing in visitors to your website and converting them into leads through the creation of engaging content and campaigns relevant to their needs. This is done by making your brand more visible online on social media platforms, email search and search engines.
Inbound lead generation uses the advantages of social media platforms and search engines to put prospective customers in regular contact with your content. Some of the inbound lead strategies include:
- Content marketing: Different content marketing strategies can be used in generating leads. Each strategy works well according to your buyer persona and personal goals. It is very essential to first consider the best opportunities to generate leads and then dedicate your efforts to the strategy that you feel will bring about the best inbound leads. Examples of content marketing for inbound leads include videos, articles and guides. Do detailed research to know which one suits the people you’re aiming to bring to your page before creating videos based on written content or writing and sharing relevant content.
- Social media marketing: One advantage of social media platforms is that inbound leads are sure to find you there. The styles of each platform make it possible to make your brand visible through targeted ads, blogging, and sponsored postings.
- SEO: SEO-driven pages and web content provide the best form of sales lead generation over the long term. The use of appropriate keywords and phrases that relate to search queries of potential customers looking for the services and products you offer will help in driving organic traffic to your website.
Paid lead generation
Paid lead generation is central to massive sales. Once you know your perfect target audience and buyer persona, you can run paid ads through any of the paid sources that guarantee loads of targeted traffic, such as Google Search, Facebook, ad networks, and so on. Custom landing pages are usually created specifically for every individual marketing campaign. The leads are then captured from these pages.
Paid lead generation is simply paying money for traffic to have as many targeted and enriched business leads as possible. This lead generation method is great if you have a budget to spend, know your target audience, and have sales resources to follow many inbound leads.
Lead sourcing is the use of lead generation tools to extract leads from various sources either automatically, semi-manually, or manually. It is useful in checking the performance of your lead generation strategy.
When performed manually, or with the aid of free email finder tools, lead sourcing can cost next to nothing. However, many companies offer lead generation solutions that match your budget and need.
It is important to select the lead source before you begin sourcing. Test and analyze a few leads to know which ones convert best. If possible, diversify your lead generation as it is always a plus to have a couple of lead sources. Examples include: Search engines, social networks, company sites, and so on.
In conclusion, generating leads always pay off even though it could be stressful. There exist numerous solutions on how to generate leads; just ensure you find the lead generation strategies that work best for you and your business. Kickstart your lead generation campaign today and watch your revenue grow as you generate business leads consistently.